Sunday evenings have become much worse for me, as the economy has deteriorated, and I’m sure I’m not alone.
I used to spend a couple of hours making lists, getting ready for a week of new people and new projects.
Now I try to figure out how to get the things done that I should have finished last week, but couldn’t get to because of all the urgent requests and attempts to wrap up jobs that have been hanging for months, waiting on something, usually money-related.
On each Sunday night this winter, I’m facing a week of these kinds of calls:
• “I’m being evicted, and I have no place to go.”
• “I’ve worked as a sub for this general contractor for 10 years. The last draw on the last job wasn’t paid. How can I collect? The general is my friend and promises me more work.”
• “Can you make a power of attorney for my aunt to sign? She’s showing signs of Alzheimers, and she promised me that she would give me her home if I’d take care of her. If we wait any longer, it might be too late.”
• My house is being foreclosed on Thursday. How long can I stay there?”
• “The bank wants my truck and my tools. If they would take my truck, I could get by, if I can keep my tools.”
• “How soon can you get a deadbeat out my rent house? He hasn’t paid the rent for six months.”
• “Do you have any openings?”
Though I’m fortunate to be receiving these calls instead of making them, it’s hard to look forward to Monday.
My heart goes out to those who are going to make those calls. I wish I could help.
I empathize with you and appreciate your compassion. We are all fortunate if we are not in the same boat for sure. Hold on and do what you can for those you are able and hope your year is improving!
Thanks for your comments. I hope that folks looking for real estate in northern Stone, northern Taney and western Christian counties will find your office at Souvenir Realty, east of Galena on Highway 176.
great photo harry. this is karl, the recipient of your piano. we really enjoy it.
nice blog. i hope your and yours are insulated from the lame economy.
Always look forward to your comments Harry —- Louanne W/ERA Table Rock Realtly.